COTTAGE CHEESE FRITTERS
500 g 0,5% (lean) cottage cheese
2 glasses flour
1 glass sugar
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
~600 ml oil for frying
- Fill a pot with oil and heat it.
- In a big bowl, beat the cottage cheese, flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and a pinch of salt together. Mix until just combined. The mass should be thick and sticky so that it is easy to make the balls.
- Cover your hands with flour and make the balls- the size depends on you. You can also roll the balls into flour before frying but it is not compulsory.
- To make sure the oil is hot enough, pour just one ball at the beginning. If it fries nicely, add some more. However- do not try to fry more than 6-10 balls at a time- depending on size.
- The balls are ready as soon as they become golden brown and start to float on surface. Using a tablespoon take them out and drain on paper towels.
- As soon as all the balls are cooked, sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Ready to serve- warm or cool with jam or chocolate!
280 g chocolate
80 ml milk
80 ml cream
- Chop the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate, milk and cream into a pot. Heat on low heat stirring continuously with rubber spatula. As soon as the mass gets smooth and the chocolate has melted, pour it into fondue tray.
- Enjoy with cottage cheese fritters and fruit.
In case the fondue seems too thick for you, add some more milk and cream.